Along with our regular bug fixes, this version enables segmented push notifications! When launched, you will be able to select which journals and what type of content you would like to receive via push.
Official Publication of the British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK)
It just got a whole lot easier to keep up with original research of the knee. The Knee app brings you the convenience of reading your favorite journal from anywhere in the world with just a tap. Now available for both iPad and iPhone!
• Stay ahead with alerts when new issues are available and read Articles in Press throughout the month
• Experience innovative digital content with the newly introduced Article enhancements; featuring AudioSlides, Virtual Microscope, 3D Radiological Viewer, 3D Neuroimaging Viewer, and more.
• Get access to the journal content on the app via your institution’s IP
• Enjoy Open Access and Open Archive Content without having to login
• Accessibility support to assist the visually impaired
• Interact with figures, tables, and supplementary content
• Stream multimedia for faster viewing or download for later
• Take notes, highlight articles and share via email and social media
• Personalize your experience with My Reading List and save articles for offline reading
Minimum requirements: iOS 10
Journal subscribers: Log in with the same username and password that grants you access to the full journal content on The Knee website. These credentials will allow full access to all content on the app.
About The Knee
The Knee is an international journal publishing studies on the clinical treatment and fundamental biomechanical characteristics of this joint. The aim of the journal is to provide a vehicle relevant to surgeons, biomedical engineers, imaging specialists, materials scientists, rehabilitation personnel and all those with an interest in the knee. The topics covered include, but are not limited to:
• anatomy, physiology, morphology and biochemistry;
• biomechanical studies;
• advances in the development of prosthetic, orthotic and augmentation devices;
• imaging and diagnostic techniques;
The journal publishes original research articles, review papers, case reports and short communications. In addition, the regular content includes letters to the Editor, book reviews and a conference calendar.
iTunes subscriptions to The Knee
A single issue of the journal for $40.99
1-year subscription to the journal for $239.99
Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
iTunes Subscriber’s Auto-Renew Feature
Yearly iTunes subscriptions will automatically renew each year unless you cancel. You can cancel at any time and up to 24 hours before your current subscription expires. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged the same price for the renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- October 08, 2014 New version 4.0
- December 20, 2014 New version 4.5
- February 16, 2015 New version 4.5.1
- October 20, 2015 New version 5.5
- July 05, 2016 New version 5.6.1
- November 18, 2016 New version 6.0.0
- November 25, 2016 New version 6.0.1
- June 14, 2019 New version 7.5.0