• WKWebview Upgrade
• Firebase Integration
• Bug fixes
Wilderness & Environmental Medicine
The Official Journal of the Wilderness Medical Society
It just got a whole lot easier to keep up with the latest original research and clinical reports from scientists and practitioners around the globe. The Wilderness & Environmental Medicine app brings you the convenience of reading your favorite journal from anywhere in the world with just a tap. Now available for both iPad and iPhone!
• Stay ahead with alerts when new issues are available and read Articles in Press throughout the month
• Experience innovative digital content with the newly introduced Article enhancements; featuring AudioSlides, Virtual Microscope, 3D Radiological Viewer, 3D Neuroimaging Viewer, and more.
• Get access to the journal content on the app via your institution’s IP
• Enjoy Open Access and Open Archive Content without having to login
• Accessibility support to assist the visually impaired
• Interact with figures, tables, and supplementary content
• Stream multimedia for faster viewing or download for later
• Take notes, highlight articles and share via email and social media
• Personalize your experience with My Reading List and save articles for offline reading
Minimum requirements: iOS 10
Journal subscribers: Log in with the same username and password that grants you access to the full journal content on the Wilderness & Environmental Medicine website. These credentials will allow full access to all content on the app.
About Wilderness & Environmental Medicine
Wilderness & Environmental Medicine, the official journal of the Wilderness Medical Society, is the leading journal for physicians practicing medicine in austere environments. This quarterly journal features articles on all aspects of wilderness medicine, including high altitude and climbing, cold- and heat-related phenomena, natural environmental disasters, immersion and near-drowning, diving, and barotrauma, hazardous plants/animals/insects/marine animals, animal attacks, search and rescue, ethical and legal issues, aeromedial transport, survival physiology, medicine in remote environments, travel medicine, operational medicine, and wilderness trauma management. Its readership is a diverse group of medical and outdoor professionals who choose WEM as their primary wilderness medical resource.
iTunes purchases from Wilderness & Environmental Medicine
A single issue of the journal for $46.99
Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- October 08, 2014 New version 4.0
- December 20, 2014 New version 4.5
- January 17, 2015 New version 4.5.1
- October 21, 2015 New version 5.5
- June 22, 2016 New version 5.6.1
- November 25, 2016 New version 6.0.1
- June 14, 2019 New version 7.5.0
- July 14, 2020 New version 7.7.0