Journal of Biomechanics
It just got a whole lot easier to stay current with original and substantial findings using the principles of mechanics to explore biological problems. The Journal of Biomechanics app brings you the convenience of reading your favorite journal from anywhere in the world with just a tap. Now available for both iPad and iPhone!
• Stay ahead with alerts when new issues are available and read Articles in Press throughout the month
• Experience innovative digital content with the newly introduced Article enhancements; featuring AudioSlides, Virtual Microscope, 3D Radiological Viewer, 3D Neuroimaging Viewer, and more.
• Get access to the journal content on the app via your institution’s IP
• Enjoy Open Access and Open Archive Content without having to login
• Accessibility support to assist the visually impaired
• Interact with figures, tables, and supplementary content
• Stream multimedia for faster viewing or download for later
• Take notes, highlight articles and share via email and social media
• Personalize your experience with My Reading List and save articles for offline reading
Minimum requirements: IOS 8.0
Journal subscribers: Log in with the same username and password that grants you access to the full journal content on the Journal of Biomechanics website. These credentials will allow full access to all content on the app.
About Journal of Biomechanics
The Journal of Biomechanics publishes reports of original and substantial findings using the principles of mechanics to explore biological problems. Papers published in the journal cover a wide range of topics in biomechanics, including, but not limited to:
• Fundamental Topics - Biomechanics of the musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and respiratory systems, mechanics of hard and soft tissues, biofluid mechanics, mechanics of prostheses and implant-tissue interfaces, mechanics of cells
• Cardiovascular and Respiratory Biomechanics - Mechanics of blood-flow, air-flow, mechanics of the soft tissues, flow-tissue or flow-prosthesis interactions
• Cell Biomechanics - Biomechanic analyses of cells, membranes and sub-cellular structures; the relationship of the mechanical environment to cell and tissue response
• Dental Biomechanics - Design and analysis of dental tissues and prostheses, mechanics of chewing
• Functional Tissue Engineering - The role of biomechanical factors in engineered tissue replacements and regenerative medicine
• Injury Biomechanics - Mechanics of impact and trauma, dynamics of man-machine interaction.
• Molecular Biomechanics - Mechanical analyses of biomolecules
• Orthopedic Biomechanics - Mechanics of fracture and fracture fixation, mechanics of implants and implant fixation, mechanics of bones and joints, wear of natural and artificial joints
• Rehabilitation Biomechanics - Analyses of gait, mechanics of prosthetics and orthotics
• Sports Biomechanics - Mechanical analyses of sports performance
The journal is affiliated to the American Society of Biomechanics, the International Society of Biomechanics, the European Society of Biomechanics, the Japanese Society for Clinical Biomechanics and the Australian and New Zealand Society of Biomechanics.
iTunes subscriptions to Journal of Biomechanics
A single issue of the journal for $38.99
1-year subscription to the journal for $599.99
Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
iTunes Subscriber’s Auto-Renew Feature
Yearly iTunes subscriptions will automatically renew each year unless you cancel. You can cancel at any time and up to 24 hours before your current subscription expires. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged the same price for the renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed duri
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- October 08, 2014 New version 4.0
- December 20, 2014 New version 4.5
- January 17, 2015 New version 4.5.1
- October 20, 2015 New version 5.5
- June 22, 2016 New version 5.6.1
- November 25, 2016 New version 6.0.1