• WKWebview Upgrade
• Firebase Integration
• Bug fixes
AJKD, American Journal of Kidney Diseases
Now available for both iPad and iPhone! It just got a whole lot easier to keep up with the latest findings in kidney disease. The AJKD app brings you the convenience of reading your favorite journal from anywhere in the world with just a tap.
• Stay ahead with alerts when new issues are available and read Articles in Press throughout the month
• Experience innovative digital content with the newly introduced Article enhancements; featuring AudioSlides, Virtual Microscope, 3D Radiological Viewer, 3D Neuroimaging Viewer, and more.
• Get access to the journal content on the app via your institution’s IP
• Enjoy Open Access and Open Archive Content without having to login
• Accessibility support to assist the visually impaired
• Interact with figures, tables, and supplementary content
• Stream multimedia for faster viewing or download for later
• Take notes, highlight articles and share via email and social media
• Personalize your experience with My Reading List and save articles for offline reading
Minimum requirements: iOS 10
Journal subscribers: Log in with the same username and password that grants you access to the full journal content on the journal website. These credentials will allow full access to all content on the app.
About AJKD, American Journal of Kidney Diseases
The American Journal of Kidney Diseases (AJKD), the official journal of the National Kidney Foundation, is recognized worldwide as a leading source of information devoted to clinical nephrology practice and clinical research. The journal aims to communicate important new information in clinical nephrology in a way that strengthens knowledge and helps physicians to provide their patients with the highest standard of care.
Each issue of AJKD includes a mix of research findings and educational content. Original Investigations—fully reviewed not only by peer reviewers but also by statistics experts to ensure validity-describe the latest findings related to pathogenesis and treatment of kidney disease, hypertension, acid-base and electrolyte disorders, dialysis therapies, and kidney transplantation. Case Reports highlight new diseases, novel presentations, and potential therapeutic strategies. In addition, AJKD's rich array of educational and special interest features includes narrative reviews, editorials, teaching cases, quizzes, and articles focusing on translational research, clinical practice, and socioeconomic aspects of kidney disease and treatment.
A single issue of the journal for $41.99
Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
- August 14, 2013 Initial release
- October 08, 2014 New version 4.0
- February 16, 2015 New version 4.5.1
- September 24, 2015 New version 5.5
- March 05, 2016 New version 5.6.1
- November 25, 2016 New version 6.0.1
- June 14, 2019 New version 7.5.0
- July 15, 2020 New version 7.7.0