• WKWebview Upgrade
• Firebase Integration
• Bug fixes
The Journal of Hospital Infection
The Official Journal of the Healthcare Infection Society
It just got a whole lot easier to keep up with the latest scientific research and articles on all aspects of hospital infection. The Journal of Hospital Infection app brings you the convenience of reading your favorite journal from anywhere in the world with just a tap. Now available for both iPad and iPhone!
• Stay ahead with alerts when new issues are available and read Articles in Press throughout the month
• Experience innovative digital content with the newly introduced Article enhancements; featuring AudioSlides, Virtual Microscope, 3D Radiological Viewer, 3D Neuroimaging Viewer, and more.
• Get access to the journal content on the app via your institution’s IP
• Enjoy Open Access and Open Archive Content without having to login
• Accessibility support to assist the visually impaired
• Interact with figures, tables, and supplementary content
• Stream multimedia for faster viewing or download for later
• Take notes, highlight articles and share via email and social media
• Personalize your experience with My Reading List and save articles for offline reading
Minimum requirements: iOS 10
Journal subscribers: Log in with the same username and password that grants you access to the full journal content on the Journal of Hospital Infection website. These credentials will allow full access to all content on the app.
About The Journal of Hospital Infection
The Journal of Hospital Infection is the editorially independent scientific publication of the Healthcare Infection Society. The aim of the Journal is to publish high quality research and information relating to infection prevention and control that is relevant to an international audience.
The Journal welcomes submissions that relate to all aspects of infection prevention and control in healthcare settings. This includes submissions that:
• provide new insight into the epidemiology, surveillance, or prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial resistance in healthcare settings;
• provide new insight into cleaning, disinfection and decontamination
• provide new insight into the design of healthcare premises.
• describe novel aspects of outbreaks of infection;
• throw light on techniques for effective antimicrobial stewardship;
• describe novel techniques (laboratory-based or point of care) for the detection of infection or antimicrobial resistance in the healthcare setting, particularly if these can be used to facilitate infection prevention and control;
• improve understanding of the motivations of safe healthcare behaviour, or describe techniques for achieving behavioural and cultural change;
• improve understanding of the use of IT systems in infection surveillance and prevention and control.
iTunes purchases from The Journal of Hospital Infection
A single issue of the journal for $34.99
Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
- June 19, 2014 Initial release
- October 06, 2014 New version 4.0
- December 21, 2014 New version 4.5
- February 12, 2015 New version 4.5.1
- October 06, 2015 New version 5.5
- March 08, 2016 New version 5.6.1
- November 25, 2016 New version 6.0.1
- June 15, 2019 New version 7.5.0
- July 15, 2020 New version 7.7.0