• WKWebview Upgrade
• Firebase Integration
• Bug fixes
Official Journal of the American Academy of Nursing
It just got a whole lot easier to stay current with peer-reviewed articles and reports in the nursing profession. The Nursing Outlook app brings you the convenience of reading your favorite journal from anywhere in the world with just a tap. Now available for both iPad and iPhone!
• Stay ahead with alerts when new issues are available and read Articles in Press throughout the month
• Experience innovative digital content with the newly introduced Article enhancements; featuring AudioSlides, Virtual Microscope, 3D Radiological Viewer, 3D Neuroimaging Viewer, and more.
• Get access to the journal content on the app via your institution’s IP
• Enjoy Open Access and Open Archive Content without having to login
• Accessibility support to assist the visually impaired
• Interact with figures, tables, and supplementary content
• Stream multimedia for faster viewing or download for later
• Take notes, highlight articles and share via email and social media
• Personalize your experience with My Reading List and save articles for offline reading
Minimum requirements: iOS 10
Journal subscribers: Log in with the same username and password that grants you access to the full journal content on the Nursing Outlook website. These credentials will allow full access to all content on the app.
About Nursing Outlook
Nursing Outlook, a bi-monthly journal, provides innovative ideas for nursing leaders through peer-reviewed articles and timely reports. Each issue examines current issues and trends in nursing practice, education and research, offering progressive solutions to the challenges facing the profession. Nursing Outlook is the official journal of the American Academy of Nursing and supports it mission to serve the public and the nursing profession by advancing health policy and practice through the generation, synthesis, and dissemination of nursing knowledge. The journal is included in MEDLINE, CINAHL and the Journal Citation Reports published by Thomson Reuters.
iTunes purchases from Nursing Outlook
A single issue of the journal for $27.99
Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- October 08, 2014 New version 4.0
- December 20, 2014 New version 4.5
- February 16, 2015 New version 4.5.1
- October 20, 2015 New version 5.5
- July 07, 2016 New version 5.6.1
- November 18, 2016 New version 6.0.0
- November 25, 2016 New version 6.0.1
- June 15, 2019 New version 7.5.0
- July 15, 2020 New version 7.7.0