• Voice search (requires iPhone 4S/5, iPad 3rd Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation)
• Optimized for larger iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th Generation) screens
• Bug Fixes
** Evidence-based recommendations for ordering and interpreting more than 450 laboratory, diagnostic, and imaging tests **
Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, 6th edition provides immediate, evidence-based information on the selection and interpretation of commonly used laboratory and electrocardiographic tests, diagnostic imaging, and therapeutic monitoring. Including more than 450 updated diagnostic tests, this mobile resource is ideal for answering questions encountered daily by physicians, nurses, students, and other healthcare professionals, such as:
• Which test is best to diagnose or follow a patient’s condition?
• What is the correct interpretation of an abnormal diagnostic test?
• How do I collect the appropriate specimen or prepare the patient for testing?
• Where can I find more information on this test in the medical literature?
Features of Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests include:
• 450+ updated laboratory and diagnostic tests
• Evidence-based recommendations
• Expanded coverage of genetic and molecular tests, including pharmacogenetic tests
• Extensive use of algorithms, tables, and charts
• New sections on point-of-care testing, diagnostic echocardiography, and more
• PubMed (PMID) links directly to journal citations and available articles
• Universal Index Search – find topics across all indexes
• ‘Favorites’ for bookmarking important entries
• Optimized iPad interface
Editors: Diana Nicoll, MD, PhD, MPA; Chuanyi Mark Lu, MD; Michael Pignone, MD, MPH; Stephen J. McPhee, MD
Publisher: McGraw Hill
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
- November 29, 2012 Initial release
- December 05, 2012 New version 1.2
- December 18, 2012 New version 1.3