How to start a battle in Clash Royale
One of the most important strategies to keep in mind inClash Royale is how you open a match, as the way you begin dictates the entire battle.
Here's a few tips you can use to try and outwit your opponent.
Try not to play first
Unless you have a pre-planned rush deck, it's generally not a good idea to play a card right away.
Doing this puts you at risk of losing Elixir advantage, and makes it difficult to counter your opponent's next move.
It's almost always better to wait for the other player to play first and then react accordingly.
Never let your Elixir fill
The only time you might want to play first is if your Elixir bar is almost full. If you play a card before your Elixir bar fills and your opponent doesn't, that's a slight Elixir advantage right off the bat.
Figure out your opponent
The opening of a match is where you can really take in what your opponent has in their deck.
If you throw out an initial unit to prevent your Elixir from maxing out, see how they respond to it. Do they have a good counter? Can you get a sense of what kind of deck they've got?
Once you've read your opponent, you an react accordingly and exploit them.
Keep a card or two up your sleeve
If at all possible, try not to reveal your entire hand right away. You might be sizing up your opponent based on their plays, but remember that they're doing the same to you.
If you can hold on to a couple cards to throw out later in a match to catch them off guard.
Want more Clash Royale-related stuff? Then check out our review, podcast,or the following guides:
- The March update explained
- How to destroy towers
- What's inside each chest
- How to spend your gems
- How to defend
- How to make a good clan
- How to counter the Prince
- How to counter the Baby Dragon
- How to counter the Balloon
- How to counter the Goblin Barrel
- How to counter the Fireball
- How to counter the Goblin Hut
- How to counter the Giant
- How to counter the Musketeer
- How to counter the Witch
- How to counter Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- How to counter the Valkyrie
- How to counter the Hog Rider
- How to counter the Barbarian Hut
- How to counter the Skeleton Army
- How to counter the Bomb Tower
- How to counter the Tombstone
- How to counter the Lightning
- How to counter the Inferno Tower
- How to counter the Rocket
- How to pay to win
- How to prepare yourself for victory
- How to stop being a loser
- How to win
- How to play for free
- How to build a good deck with core cards
- How to use elixir effectively
- How to get chests faster
- How to survive The Bone Pit
- The best common cards
- The best rare cards
- The best epic cards
Think you have better starter tips for Clash Royale? Share them in the comments!