How to build a good deck with core cards in Clash Royale
Supercell's latest hit, Clash Royale, has just released worldwide, and you're likely playing it.
If you've just started, this guide on how to build solid deck comprised of some of the game's more common cards is just for you.
Here's what you need for this deck:
- Spear Goblins
This deck gives you a nice balance of ranged and melee units with a pretty low average elixr cost of 3.6.
Elixir usage is important in Clash Royale, but arguably more so with this deck.
Half of your deck costs three elixir or fewer, so you'll want to use that to your advantage and pump out units pretty regularly. Depending on your opening hand, you may want to open with a witch or musketeer played near the back of the field so they can act as defense and potentially continue on to play offense.
To mount an offense, you'll want to play a knight or a giant to lead the charge into enemy territory, followed by some damaging ranged units.
If your witch or musketeer survive playing defense and you time things just right, they can fall in behind your robust units help protect them.
To add damage, try to spawn your cheap spear goblins shortly after. These are fast enough to catch up with the group and can deal a lot of damage if your opponent doesn't deal with them quickly.
This leaves your archers, fireball, and arrows for mainly playing defense against any of your opponent's counterattacks. If you play archers close-ish to a tower, they can deal enough damage with the tower to handle most enemies.
Be sure to save your fireball for large threats and your arrows for unarmored units like skeleton army or goblins.
If you pull off your opening strike well (and get a little lucky), you can get most of one small tower's health down before having to replace your units.
Once you've done this, try switching your focus to the other tower. This can throw opponents off and give you the opportunity to simply fireball the weak tower to death in the final seconds or in sudden death.
Want more Clash Royale-related stuff? Then check out our review, podcast,or the following guides:
- The March update explained
- How to destroy towers
- What's inside each chest
- How to spend your gems
- How to defend
- How to make a good clan
- How to counter the Prince
- How to counter the Baby Dragon
- How to counter the Balloon
- How to start a battle
- How to counter the Goblin Barrel
- How to counter the Fireball
- How to counter the Goblin Hut
- How to counter the Giant
- How to counter the Musketeer
- How to counter the Witch
- How to counter Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- How to counter the Valkyrie
- How to counter the Hog Rider
- How to counter the Barbarian Hut
- How to counter the Skeleton Army
- How to counter the Bomb Tower
- How to counter the Tombstone
- How to counter the Lightning
- How to counter the Inferno Tower
- How to counter the Rocket
- How to pay to win
- How to prepare yourself for victory
- How to stop being a loser
- How to win
- How to play for free
- How to use elixir effectively
- How to get chests faster
- How to survive The Bone Pit
- The best common cards
- The best rare cards
- The best epic cards
Have you climbed to the top of the ranks in Clash Royale? Have some other beginner decks? Share them in the comments!