How to defend in Clash Royale
Considering Clash Royale is commonly referred to as a competitive tower defence game, it may come as no surprise that the game involves playing a fair amount of defence as you also try to take down enemy towers.
Here are some tips on how to defend like a pro.
Learn your counters
The best defence in Clash Royale is to effectively counter your opponent's cards.
Sure, the Prince might be a hugely powerful offensive weapon, but drop a Skeleton Army on him and he'll go down in seconds.
Keep a mental note of the cards opponents use to easily take down yours and adapt your strategy accordingly - while keeping the idea of Elixir advantage at the forefront of your mind.
Use your towers
The idea inClash Royale is to keep units away from your towers, but don't forget that they aren't completely defenseless.
The archers on your towers can bring down weak units with ease, while placing ranged units like Spear Goblins, Musketeers, or Archers behind your towers can help you form an effective defence while keeping your units alive for an offensive push.
Want more Clash Royale-related stuff? Then check out our review, podcast,or the following guides:
- The March update explained
- How to destroy towers
- What's inside each chest
- How to spend your gems
- How to make a good clan
- How to counter the Prince
- How to counter the Baby Dragon
- How to counter the Balloon
- How to start a battle
- How to counter the Goblin Barrel
- How to counter the Fireball
- How to counter the Goblin Hut
- How to counter the Giant
- How to counter the Musketeer
- How to counter the Witch
- How to counter Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- How to counter the Valkyrie
- How to counter the Hog Rider
- How to counter the Barbarian Hut
- How to counter the Skeleton Army
- How to counter the Bomb Tower
- How to counter the Tombstone
- How to counter the Lightning
- How to counter the Inferno Tower
- How to counter the Rocket
- How to pay to win
- How to prepare yourself for victory
- How to stop being a loser
- How to win
- How to play for free
- How to build a good deck with core cards
- How to use elixir effectively
- How to get chests faster
- How to survive The Bone Pit
- The best common cards
- The best rare cards
- The best epic cards
Have some better defensive tips for us? Share them in the comments!