How to counter the Giant in Clash Royale
A Giant card in the right hands can really turn the tide of a fight in Clash Royale because of how much damage it can take before going down.
They're not the all-destroying tanks they appear to be though, and we've got a few tips on bringing them down.
Skeleton Army is perfect for bringing down a Giant, as it's incredibly quick to attack, deals a solid amount of damage, and might even slow him down as he tries to get around the units.
The Giant prioritises buildings, so if you don't have Skeleton Army (or a similar unit) or your opponent has AoE'd them to oblivion, you can distract it from reaching your tower by dropping a building from your deck in its path.
Take down its support
Some players use the Giant as a meat shield so that lower health cards that deal big damage can attack your tower unscathed. If that unit is a Dragon or Witch, you might want to deal with them before dropping down Skeleton Army, so either read our guides on how to counter them or use an AoE card to try and take them down at once.
Want more Clash Royale-related stuff? Then check out our review, podcast,or the following guides:
- The March update explained
- How to destroy towers
- What's inside each chest
- How to spend your gems
- How to defend
- How to make a good clan
- How to counter the Prince
- How to counter the Baby Dragon
- How to counter the Balloon
- How to start a battle
- How to counter the Goblin Barrel
- How to counter the Fireball
- How to counter the Goblin Hut
- How to counter the Musketeer
- How to counter the Witch
- How to counter Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- How to counter the Valkyrie
- How to counter the Hog Rider
- How to counter the Barbarian Hut
- How to counter the Skeleton Army
- How to counter the Bomb Tower
- How to counter the Tombstone
- How to counter the Lightning
- How to counter the Inferno Tower
- How to counter the Rocket
- How to pay to win
- How to prepare yourself for victory
- How to stop being a loser
- How to win
- How to play for free
- How to build a good deck with core cards
- How to use elixir effectively
- How to get chests faster
- How to survive The Bone Pit
- The best common cards
- The best rare cards
- The best epic cards