The best common cards in Clash Royale
One of the things that is so great about Clash Royale is its sense of balance. Even the game's most common cards are as viable in high tier arenas as the rarest of the rare. Check out these top common cards:
Arrows are one of the best cards in Clash Royale, particularly because of how dramatically they can turn the tide of a battle. Costing just 3 elixir, arrows can take out most light units in one fell swoop.
If you're able to time an arrow volley to take out a few groups of goblins, a skeleton army, minions, or some archers, you'll almost always make a favorable elixir trade, which is something you want to do as much as possible.
No matter how high you climb in Clash Royale's arenas, you'll almost always encounter decks that are still rocking Spear Goblins, and you might ask yourself why. After all, they are some of the frailest units with the lowest damage per second in the game.
The reason Spear Goblins are great to have is because they are cheap and disposable solutions to almost every problem. Being attacked by air? Need to block a prince? Want to back up your giant? Spear goblins are great for all of these situations. Just don't try to use them against a Baby Dragon and you'll probably be ok.
Barbarians are a great value card. For 5 elixir, you get four barbarians, all of which are reasonably durable and capable of taking out large units like giants and golems in a matter of seconds.
Even against air units, Barbarians can be useful as a defense because they can soak up quite a bit of damage while your tower or other ranged units can take down whatever flying units are coming your way.
The Tesla is the possibly the strongest structure in Clash Royale, as its ability to hide itself from spells and long range units when not firing makes it very durable for the price.
If you place a Tesla in the middle of your map and within range of your towers, it can act as a strong defensive item that is hard for your opponents to deal with.
Want more Clash Royale-related stuff? Then check out our review, podcast,or the following guides:
- The March update explained
- How to destroy towers
- What's inside each chest
- How to spend your gems
- How to defend
- How to make a good clan
- How to counter the Prince
- How to counter the Baby Dragon
- How to counter the Balloon
- How to start a battle
- How to counter the Goblin Barrel
- How to counter the Fireball
- How to counter the Goblin Hut
- How to counter the Giant
- How to counter the Musketeer
- How to counter the Witch
- How to counter Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- How to counter the Valkyrie
- How to counter the Hog Rider
- How to counter the Barbarian Hut
- How to counter the Skeleton Army
- How to counter the Bomb Tower
- How to counter the Tombstone
- How to counter the Lightning
- How to counter the Inferno Tower
- How to counter the Rocket
- How to pay to win
- How to prepare yourself for victory
- How to stop being a loser
- How to win
- How to play for free
- How to build a good deck with core cards
- How to use elixir effectively
- How to get chests faster
- How to survive The Bone Pit
- The best rare cards
- The best epic cards
Did we miss any common cards in this list? Share your favorites in the comments!