How to get chests faster in Clash Royale
Though you may be happyusing core cards, at some point you'll need to level up and collect more cards in Clash Royale. To achieve this,you'll need to open as many chests as possible.
Here are a few tips to help you make sure you're not wasting time when trying to grind out chests.
Time your chest unlocks strategically
There's more than one type of chest in Clash Royale, and some of them are better than others. That doesn't mean you should spring to open your gold or magical chests right away though.
Better chests take longer to open, so only try to open non-silver chests when you'll not be playing for long periods of time. That way, you can just check in every three hours to clear out chest slots of silvers and only open chests that take longer when you're busy or asleep.
Lose a few games
As much as you want to keep gathering trophies and moving onto new arenas, it might be better for you to earn chests when you're playing easier opponents. The easiest way to make sure this happens is to lose some games on purpose.
If you don't have every card in the game yet, this could also have the added benefit of maybe unlocking some new cards specific to a lower arena that you haven't yet.
Every 24 hours, you can unlock a crown chest by collecting ten crowns. This is an incredibly generous chest, and provides a ton of cards for very little work on your part. Open it daily.
Use gems on chest slots, not new chests
You can always spend gems on chests in the store, but your gems can unlock more chests if you spend them on the those that are alredy placed in the slots.
Chests in your slots cost significantly fewer gems to unlock than those you buy in the store. If you look at the chests that you earn in the game as "discount" chests (a winner's discount, if you will), you can open a lot more chests, get more cards, and level up faster in Clash Royale.
Want more Clash Royale-related stuff? Then check out our review, podcast,or the following guides:
- The March update explained
- How to destroy towers
- What's inside each chest
- How to spend your gems
- How to defend
- How to make a good clan
- How to counter the Prince
- How to counter the Baby Dragon
- How to counter the Balloon
- How to start a battle
- How to counter the Goblin Barrel
- How to counter the Fireball
- How to counter the Goblin Hut
- How to counter the Giant
- How to counter the Musketeer
- How to counter the Witch
- How to counter Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- How to counter the Valkyrie
- How to counter the Hog Rider
- How to counter the Barbarian Hut
- How to counter the Skeleton Army
- How to counter the Bomb Tower
- How to counter the Tombstone
- How to counter the Lightning
- How to counter the Inferno Tower
- How to counter the Rocket
- How to pay to win
- How to prepare yourself for victory
- How to stop being a loser
- How to win
- How to play for free
- How to build a good deck with core cards
- How to use elixir effectively
- How to survive The Bone Pit
- The best common cards
- The best rare cards
- The best epic cards
Have any hidden gems for us? Let us know in the comments!