While the common cards in Clash Royale are generally cheap-but-solid cards that can go a long way, rare cards start to really allow for you to customize your deck to your playstyle. See below for some of the best rare cards in the game right now.
The Hog Rider is a great rare card because he is relatively fast and cheap, but destructive. Because this unit heads straight for buildings and can jump over the river separating the opposing towers, the Hog Rider is one of the best offensive units in Clash Royale.
Try playing the Hog Rider once you've established a small elixir lead to force your opponent to spend more trying to counter.
The Fireball is a more concentrated form of the Arrows card. It's slightly more expensive and doesn't have quite as big a radius, but it makes up for that by dealing a lot more damage.
For clusters of more heavily armored enemies, the Fireball is a good tool deal with them and make favorable elixir trades.
The Wizard is a great defensive unit because he's kind of like a moving Fireball card. He launches fireballs that do area of effect damage and can take out clusters of enemies pretty easily.
The Wizard isn't the most durable unit there is, but they can play a valuable support role when put behind a Giant or Golem.
If you want some high damage for a low elixir cost, the Mini P.E.K.K.A. should be your unit of choice. Although they can get taken down pretty easily by swarms of enemies, Mini P.E.K.K.A.s are great for destroying towers because of how quickly they can dish out their damage.
Try using a Mini P.E.K.K.A. in tandem with a Giant so that it can sneak up to a tower relatively unharmed and bring the pain before your opponent knows what hit them.
- The March update explained
- How to destroy towers
- What's inside each chest
- How to spend your gems
- How to defend
- How to make a good clan
- How to counter the Prince
- How to counter the Baby Dragon
- How to counter the Balloon
- How to start a battle
- How to counter the Goblin Barrel
- How to counter the Fireball
- How to counter the Goblin Hut
- How to counter the Giant
- How to counter the Musketeer
- How to counter the Witch
- How to counter Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- How to counter the Valkyrie
- How to counter the Hog Rider
- How to counter the Barbarian Hut
- How to counter the Skeleton Army
- How to counter the Bomb Tower
- How to counter the Tombstone
- How to counter the Lightning
- How to counter the Inferno Tower
- How to counter the Rocket
- How to pay to win
- How to prepare yourself for victory
- How to stop being a loser
- How to win
- How to play for free
- How to build a good deck with core cards
- How to use elixir effectively
- How to get chests faster
- How to survive The Bone Pit
- The best common cards
- The best epic cards
Have you found better uses for other rare cards? Let us know in the comments!