• Now with new app design and iPhone 5 support (4-Inch Retina Display)!
The most widely used small arms of the twentieth century in one app on your iPhone or iPad.
Twentieth-century Small Arms looks in detail at the most widely used pistols, rifles, submachine guns, machine guns and other small arms of the last 100 years in one comprehensive volume. It provides a unique and readily accessible reference guide to the most important personal weapons in use throughout the world during the last century. The app includes famous small arms such as the AK-47, the M16, the SA80, the Lee Enfield, the MP40, the MG42, the Browning Hi Power, the M60, the Thompson sub-machine gun, the Colt .45 and the Sten. Twentieth-century Small Arms offers a wide survey of the development and use of small arms in the modern era of combat.
Each small arm is illustrated by a full-colour artwork and accompanied by a detailed specifications table giving the country of origin and the technical details of the weapon, including calibre, length, weight, barrel length, rate of fire, muzzle velocity, operation and, where appropriate, magazine capacity. Each entry also contains text summarising the weapon's development and service history.
• Almost 300 small arms featured from the twentieth century, each one illustrated by a full-colour artwork
• Full dimensions, weights, ammunition and range details provided for each weapon, all measurements in imperial and metric
• Seven weapons categories: Handguns, Submachine Guns, Machine Guns, Bolt-action Rifles, Automatic Rifles, Shotguns, Grenade Launchers
• Each small arm's development history and career described in accompanying text
• Quick search functions for type, country of origin and effective range
• Favourites section
• All data stored offline on your device. No Internet connection required
• Supports both iPhone and iPad
Chris McNab is a writer specialising in twentieth century and contemporary military history. Previous publications include Firearms, Modern Military Uniforms, and The Great Book of Guns.
- July 15, 2013 New version 2.0.2