• Now with new app design and iPhone 5 support (4-Inch Retina Display)!
Thriving on every continent and occupying every possible niche in the food chain, birds can be found wherever there is food to sustain them. From Antarctic penguins to flamboyant African parrots, this app provides an indispensable guide to the huge diversity of bird life.
By including representative examples from the world’s major avian families, from swallows and hummingbirds to gulls and pelicans, from eagles to the albatross, emu and ostrich, The World of Birds offers a truly comprehensive overview.
Each of the 300 creatures is illustrated with a detailed full-colour artwork, with accompanying text. Entries are arranged by family, with each family section containing examples of the key species. For easy reference, each entry includes a table of information showing scientific name, order and family, features, habitat, distribution, diet and breeding.
A handy reference guide for students as well as general readers, The World of Birds will fascinate and inform anyone with an interest in the natural world.
• 300 bird species featured, with colourful and striking examples from every major group
• Superbly illustrated with detailed full-colour artworks
• Table of information for each species includes diet, habitat and distribution
• Quick search functions
• Favourites section
• All data stored offline on your device. No Internet connection required
• Supports both iPhone and iPad
About the Author
After studying natural sciences at Cambridge University, Michael Wright became a full-time writer and editor, specializing in science, technology, natural history and health. He has written and produced numerous books on these and related subjects, for young people and adults. He lives in London.
- June 10, 2014 Initial release