This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Improved reading experience
iPhone X support
Bug fixes and other improvements
**We always love to hear your feedback. If you have any comments or queries please contact us at [email protected]**
Philip Pascall, owner of First Quantum Minerals, Zambia’s biggest copper producing company, once said that whenever he is asked anywhere in the world what Zambia is like, he pushes over a copy of The Bulletin & Record and says “Read that”.
His approach, and that of thousands of others, is why the magazine is Zambia’s best read by a country mile.
Each month it covers current affairs, business and finance, economics, comment and opinion, culture and history, art and books, entertainment, fashion, health, motoring, food and sport.
It is one of the very few publications in Zambia that is not owned by or beholden in some way, to partisan political interests. It is, in a word, independent, financially and editorially. It is published by its parent company, Original Publishers Ltd., a not-for-profit company.
The magazine is investigative, reflective, analytical, and insistent on quality of thought, writing and production. Its staff writers are among the very best journalists in the country, a fact attested to by the number of awards they win.
The Bulletin & Record is still developing and growing. It now hosts a supplementary insert called The Junior Reporter, which is produced by secondary school pupils and we see through their eyes the society they and we inhabit and how they think it can be improved.
Further ambitious projects are in the pipeline.
This is a free app download Free app downloads do not include a free issue unless otherwise stated. The current issue, back issues and future issues can be purchased within the app.
Subscriptions are also available within the application. When a recurring subscription is purchased the latest issue will become available to download immediately.
Available subscriptions are:
1 month: UK £1.99 / US $2.99 (1 Issue)
6 months: UK £12.99 / US $17.99 (6 Issues)
- The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
- You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through your Account Settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
- Payment will charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased.
Users can register for/ login to a pocketmags account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing pocketmags users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area so that all issue data is retrieved.
If your app will not load past the splash page after a first install or an update please click the settings cog, then click Settings then Refresh app data. If this also fails to work please delete and reinstall the app from the App Store
Help and frequently asked questions be accessed in-app and on pocketmags.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]
You can find our terms and conditions here:
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- February 14, 2016 New version 4.9.90
- June 13, 2019 New version 6.0.0