Improved reading experience
iPhone X support
Bug fixes and other improvements
**We always love to hear your feedback. If you have any comments or queries please contact us at [email protected]**
The Taster is a unique new food & drink magazine, full of intriguing artwork and engaging, informative articles. It gives fascinating glimpses into our culinary past; interesting thoughts about its present; and a few wild ideas about its future. Eclectic and amusing, The Taster is wholly inclusive: we love all foods, and write about them with passion, zest and humour.
We provide suggestions for seasonal dishes and red-letter days (Christmas, Valentine's etc); a comprehensive calendar of food festivals; regular news reviews; tricksy foodie crossword and even food-based horoscopes (very rude and funny). We do care (very much) about health and good ingredients, but just to even the score up, our globe-trotting DJ columnist reports on the best (or worst) street/junkfood he can find. We champion small, independent food producers and growers, telling their stories in a regular Q&A; and we publish brilliant excerpts from the very best food novels, autobiographies, cookbooks and unclassifiable one-offs.
If you are a gourmet, glutton, molecular gastronomist or just an open-minded person with a passing interest in souffles, you'll find this journal the perfect antidote to stressy hosting guides or 1000 Recipes for Chicken. The Taster is a unique publication for people who like food.
This is a free app download with paid content within. The current issue, back issues and future issues can be purchased within the app.
Subscriptions are also available within the application. When a recurring subscription is purchased the latest issue will become available to download immediately.
Available subscriptions are:
12 months: UK £7.99 / US $11.99 (4 Issues)
- The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
- You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through your Account Settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
- Payment will charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased.
Users can register for / login to a pocketmags account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing pocketmags users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area so that all issue data is retrieved.
If your app will not load past the splash page after a first install or an update please click the settings cog, then click Settings then Refresh app data. If this also fails to work please delete and reinstall the app from the App Store.
Help and frequently asked questions be accessed in-app and on pocketmags.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]
You can find our terms and conditions here:
- June 06, 2014 Initial release
- January 16, 2016 New version 4.9.90
- June 13, 2019 New version 6.0.0