-New iOS7 look and feel
-New iPhone homepage and issue details
-Restore purchases fix
As always, if you have any problems at all, please contact us at [email protected]
British Chess Magazine, the world’s oldest chess journal published since 1881, has launched Junior British Chess Magazine, its new bi-monthly on-line magazine for younger chess players and everyone involved in teaching chess. The first digital only magazine of its kind, JBCM is different from the usual chess materials for young players. JBCM is your own personal coach available anytime anywhere on-line.
JBCM teaches you how to improve progressively to strong club standard, get ahead of opponents and improve results.
You can learn the best chess openings, how to play positional chess and win endgames; sharpen your attacking skills with “Spot the Continuation”; analyse an instructive game alongside our editor; and check your progress with “Test Your Chess” articles. Famous female players and greats from previous generations are other highlights. Plus chess news and events.
JBCM’s eye-catching look is a pleasure and easy to read in full colour for maximum convenience. With great full colour pictures.
Written by one of England’s leading chess writers and coaches for young players, David Levens, we want you to have fun with JBCM as you progress.
JBCM is a must read and great choice for young chess players and coaches. And a great present!
This is a free app download. Free app downloads do not include a free issue unless otherwise stated. The current issue, back issues and future issues can be purchased within the app.
- The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
- You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through your Account Settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
- Payment will charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased.
- Bundles of single issues can be also be bought within the application. To use purchased credits, simply click on the issue price and select ‘use credit’. This allows you to purchase back issues at reduced prices.
Users can register for/ login to a pocketmags account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing pocketmags users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area so that all issue data is retrieved.
If your app will not load past the splash page after a first install or an update please click the settings cog, then click Settings then Refresh app data. If this also fails to work please delete and reinstall the app from the App Store
Help and frequently asked questions be accessed in-app and on pocketmags.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]
You can find our terms and conditions here:
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- August 04, 2014 New version 4.9.58