Many performance improvements and bug fixes
Science Journal is the free digital science notebook brought to you by Google.
Whether you're a science educator or a hobbyist doing science at home, you can keep your notes, photos, and observations all in one convenient place. Use the sensors in your iPhone or iPad to measure and graph phenomena such as light, sound, and motion, or connect to external sensors via bluetooth to conduct experiments on the world around you.
With the Science Journal app, you can:
• Measure light, sound, acceleration, air pressure, and more using your device’s built-in sensors.
• Take notes and photos to document your science experiments. More note types coming soon!
• Connect to external sensors using select Bluetooth-enabled Arduino devices.
• Create automated triggers for recording data and taking notes.
• Use sonification to hear the movement of your graphs.
• Bluetooth: needed to scan for bluetooth sensor devices.
• Camera: needed to take pictures to document experiments and for the brightness sensor.
• Photo Library: needed to store pictures taken to document experiments and for adding existing photos from your library to experiments.
• Microphone: needed for sound intensity sensor.
• Push notifications: needed to inform you of recording status when backgrounding the app.
Educational activities by our partners:
For support: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/sciencejournal
- June 16, 2019 Initial release
- August 16, 2019 New version 3.3
- August 28, 2019 New version 3.4
- November 18, 2019 New version 3.6