• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Get to a healthier and more active life with the new Google Fit!
It’s hard to know how much or what kind of activity you need to stay healthy. That’s why Google Fit worked with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Heart Association (AHA) to bring you two new activity goals that can help improve your health: Move Minutes and Heart Points
• Move Minutes: When it comes to your health, it’s important to move more and sit less. Earn Move Minutes for all of your activity and get motivated to make small, healthier changes throughout your day, like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or catching up with a friend over a walk instead of a coffee.
• Heart Points: Activities that get your heart pumping harder have tremendous health benefits for your heart and mind. You’ll earn one Heart Point for each minute of moderate activity like picking up the pace when walking your dog, and double points for more intense activities like running. It takes just 30-minutes of brisk walking five days a week to reach the AHA and WHO’s recommended amount of physical activity shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, improve sleep, and increase overall mental wellbeing.
Google Fit will also help you:
TRACK YOUR WORKOUTS FROM YOUR PHONE OR WATCH
Get insights and see stats for your runs, walks, and bike rides. Google Fit will use your phone or smartwatch sensors to record your heart rate, speed, pace, route, and more.
MONITOR YOUR GOALS
See your daily progress on your Heart Points and Move Minutes. Meeting your goals all the time? Based on your activity and goal progress, Google Fit will help you adjust them, so that you can keep challenging yourself to achieve a healthy heart and mind.
MAKE EVERY MOVE COUNT
All physical activity can help you lead a healthier life, and with Google Fit you can track it all in one place. Working with your favorite fitness apps and devices, Google Fit builds a journal of your activity and gives you personalized goals to aim for. And to make sure Fit never misses a workout, you can manually add any activity your other apps didn’t track - from Aerobics to Zumba!
GET COACHING THAT FITS YOU
Get customized tips and actionable coaching, like help to adjust your goals based on your activity.
CONNECT WITH YOUR FAVORITE APPS AND DEVICES
Google Fit can show you info from many of your favorite apps and devices that are compatible with Apple Health to give you a holistic view of your health, so you’ll never lose track of your progress. These include Lifesum, Runkeeper, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Headspace, and more.
CHECK IN AT ANYTIME, FROM ANYWHERE
See a snapshot of your activity history across Google Fit and your integrated apps in the your journal.
Learn more about Google Fit and see a list of supported apps at: https://www.google.com/fit
- June 16, 2019 Initial release
- June 19, 2019 New version 1.4
- July 03, 2019 New version 1.5
- August 17, 2019 New version 1.8
- August 29, 2019 New version 1.9
- September 24, 2019 New version 1.10
- October 06, 2019 New version 1.11
- October 15, 2019 New version 1.12
- October 29, 2019 New version 1.13
- November 26, 2019 New version 1.15
- December 10, 2019 New version 1.16
- December 17, 2019 New version 1.16.1
- January 28, 2020 New version 1.17