This fixes a bug that stopped author search from working. We apologise for the inconvenience, and are most grateful for your feedback and patience.
This update also makes SPQR remember the last tab where it was opened so that you can pick up exactly where you left off. If your last tab was the authors, Bible or dictionary tabs, the search field will automatically be highlighted - you can just launch SPQR and start typing.
SPQR Latin is the ultimate learning tool for Latin students who want to immerse themselves in the language, presenting the most comprehensive Latin dictionary on the App Store, dozens of Latin texts with English translations, a grammar tester, flashcards, numeral converter, quotes of ancient wisdom, language learning tools and more.
*** TEACHERS: You can save 50% off the price of SPQR by using Apple's App Store Volume Purchase Program for education - visit http://www.romansgohome.com/education for more information ***
Here are just some of the features:
- Full, fast and searchable copy of the Lewis & Short Latin lexicon - it searches as you type, showing either short definitions or full definitions along with citations.
- Parse any Latin word to English, regardless of conjugation - includes full breakdown of the word's form.
- Full copies of classic texts in their original Latin, grouped either by author or genre, including: the Gallic War and Civil War by Julius Caesar, Res Gestae by Augustus, the Twelve Caesars by Suetonius, the Amores by Ovid, the poems of Catullus, the Aeneid, Georgicon and Eclogues by Virgil, the Metamorphoses by Apuleius, five landmark speeches by Cicero (including In Verrem!), plus Horace, Juvenal, Vitruvius and more!
- Most of our Latin texts come with parallel English translations, which means you can be reading Caesar's original Latin description of his battles in Gaul, then tap a button and jump to an English translation exactly where you left off - flip between languages to check your translation as often as you want!
- New "Church fathers" mode that gives you the Bible in English and Latin, plus Augustine's Confessions and Bede's Ecclesiastical History of the English People.
- Students can use the built-in grammar test to check their skill at Latin conjugation; teachers can use the new exam mode to generate tests for classes in seconds.
- When you find a new word, use SPQR's flashcards system to practice your vocabulary as you learn.
- Included in the app are full copies of Allen & Greenough's New Latin Grammar, plus Fabulae Faciles, Bennet's New Latin Grammar and The Comic Latin Grammar - we've even added Edward Gibbon's epic work The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire for good measure.
- Dozens of quotes from ancient Roman sources, along with their English translations.
SPQR is the app no serious Latin student should be without!
- June 03, 2014 Initial release