This update fixes a rotation issue reported by iPad users.
This is by far the most comprehensive PHP reference app on the App Store, providing not only the complete PHP manual in a fast, searchable form, but also a complete copy of my book Practical PHP Programming, which provides in-depth documentation for hundreds of PHP functions alongside over a thousand practical code examples to help you get the most from PHP. If you've ever heard someone talk about "the Hudzilla PHP book", you've just found it!
This app gives you:
- The complete PHP manual at your fingertips with a beautiful, iPhone- and iPad-optimised reading experience.
- Fast function look up and description for over 4000 functions
- A complete copy of my book Practical PHP Programming, which is a heavily revised and extended edition of the O'Reilly book "PHP in a Nutshell".
- Full keyword search across the PHP manual and Practical PHP Programming, helping you find what you need fast.
- Covers everything from MySQL, OOP, networking and XML through to security concerns, optimising your code and writing custom PHP extensions.
- Works across iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad with a single purchase - use it wherever you want!
Some other apps just give you the PHP manual, some give you a half-baked PHP tutorial, but Practical PHP gives you all that and a whole lot more - it's the ultimate tutorial and reference guide for PHP developers of all levels!
But don't just take my word for it - here are some things others have said:
"Love having a look at this app while bored and of course while working. Really clear and well presented. Great for beginners or experienced php'ers!" - Coatezy
"This book has everything for experienced coders and for new coders. Reference or reading to learn from scratch" - Zabadda
- "Author Paul Hudson has done an outstanding job of writing a book that is a complete reference to the core of the language, as well as the most popular PHP extensions...This excellent book is designed by the author to provide depth and breadth that can't be found elsewhere. Thus, this book provides the maximum information density on PHP, without all of the fluff and extras that get in the way." - Amazon.com
- "...an ideal first choice book on PHP for programmers. It covers all of the core functionality of the language in a concise way without getting bogged down in the details of how the lesser used parts of the language function." - Stephen Chapman, Fellgall.com
- "The author's writing style is very easy to embrace, which makes reading this book a breeze. The author clearly knows PHP very well and provides many, many resourceful nuggets of experience in the paragraphical excursion through this insightful book." - Rob Wehrli
- "This book is an invaluable aid, complementing the online PHP manual as a useful, concise reference guide ... liberally strewn with excellent examples and clear diagrams, and is well written for its target audience" - dakegra
- "I highly recommend this book for experienced PHP developers, and as a companion to a tutorial for beginners." - S. Stanicki
Check out the screenshots below to see how it looks, and please get in touch if you have any suggestions for future versions!
- June 13, 2014 Initial release