Security update for connecting to Attainment HUB
Access Language Arts app is based on the curriculum Teaching to Standards: English Language Arts, which was created by Attainment Company and East Tennessee State University. Research has shown both the app and curriculum to be highly effective in teaching language arts skills, that are directly aligned to the Common Core Standards, to students with an intellectual disability or autism.
The literature pieces chosen for read alouds in Access Language Arts app are among those typically used in the middle school curriculum. The adapted stories in the app are Neighbors, Sadako and a Thousand Paper Cranes, The Diary of Anne Frank, We Beat the Streets, The Outsiders, Number the Stars, Holes, and Dragonwings.
Note: We Beat the Streets is included in this free version. The rest are available as an in app purchase.
Components of systematic instruction are embedded in the app's script are: constant time-delay procedure, system of least intrusive prompts, and feedback.
Support for research and development of this app was provided in part by Contract ED-IES-13-C-0031 of the U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences, awarded to Attainment Company, Inc.
- December 18, 2013 Initial release
- December 27, 2013 New version 1.0.2
- January 14, 2014 New version 1.0.3
- February 01, 2014 New version 1.0.4
- March 11, 2014 New version 1.0.5
- April 19, 2014 New version 1.0.6
- July 18, 2014 New version 1.0.7
- October 18, 2015 New version 1.1.19
- July 05, 2016 New version 1.2.5
- June 13, 2019 New version 2.0.5
- July 14, 2020 New version 2.0.18
- October 23, 2020 New version 2.0.21
- August 06, 2021 New version 2.0.26
- September 29, 2021 New version 2.0.30