Security update for connecting to Attainment HUB
The Early Literacy Skills Builder app incorporates systematic instruction to teach both print and phonemic awareness. ELSB is a multi-year program with seven distinct levels and ongoing assessments so students progress at their own pace.
Note: This free version comes with level 1 - Lesson 1 and Level 5 - lesson 1. Full levels can be purchased from the in-app store.
Five years of solid research have been completed through the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, proving ELSB to be a highly effective literacy program and more effective than a sight-word only program. ELSB is based upon the principles of systematic and direct instruction. It incorporates scripted lessons, least-prompt strategies, teachable objectives, built-in lesson repetition, and ongoing assessments. The seven ELSB levels contain five structured lessons each. All students begin at Level 1. Instruction is one-on-one or in small groups. Teach scripted lessons daily in two 30-minute sessions. On the completion of each level, formal assessments are given. ELSB includes everything you need to implement a multi-year literacy curriculum.
- June 06, 2014 Initial release
- July 25, 2014 New version 1.1.11
- March 24, 2015 New version 1.1.13
- April 26, 2015 New version 1.1.14
- November 15, 2015 New version 1.1.15
- December 19, 2015 New version 1.1.16
- June 13, 2019 New version 2.0.8
- July 14, 2020 New version 2.0.21
- November 11, 2020 New version 2.0.26
- November 20, 2020 New version 2.0.27
- September 29, 2021 New version 2.0.40