Minor bug fixes.
Play and Learn Engineering is an educational, fun-filled app that helps your child learn through play. Kids can explore and learn engineering concepts with games that grow with them. Experiment, problem solve, and unlock new challenges along the way. Design machines and roller coasters, build with robots, and explore obstacle courses. Add to your child’s distance learning by introducing them to games with simple engineering tools.
Make STEM concepts fun at home. These early learning games for preschoolers help your child develop a better understanding of the world around them. Our app empowers your preschooler to test science and engineering concepts and solve problems on their own. Use early learning tools designed so the app grows with your child.
Our family games encourage parents and children to learn together. The parent section is an award-winning tool that helps you guide your child’s learning both in and outside the app.
PLAY AND LEARN ENGINEERING FEATURES
ENGINEERING GAMES – 8 educational games for kids
• Sandwich Machine – Design and build a whimsical machine to move a sandwich from one place to another.
• Animal Feeder – Spark your imagination! Craft and build a sandwich machine to feed your hungry animal friends.
• Track Tracer – Design and construct a roller coaster that takes your friends on a wild ride with lots of hills and loops.
• Roller Adventure – Create a roller coaster track that goes up, down, and around obstacles.
• Robo Builder – Build a tower by stacking boxes and testing simple physical science concepts.
• Kitty Rescue – Can you create a tower high enough to help the kitty climb down from the tree?
• Cavern Crawler – Problem solve using simple machines such as pulleys and levers to go around or remove obstacles and get through the cavern.
• Lava Leaper – Don’t fall into the hot lava as you problem solve to avoid obstacles and reach the exit of the lava cave.
ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
• Explore each game! Design and build to get familiar with basic engineering tools.
• Learn and grow! Problem solve and test concepts to pass each level.
• Parent Section - Get tips for activities and games that engage your child in STEM education.
• Early learning activities encourage your preschooler to take their engineering design skills beyond the app.
• Educational games for kids that were developed with early childhood experts.
ABOUT PBS KIDS
The Play and Learn Engineering app is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit www.pbskids.org/apps.
ABOUT READY TO LEARN
The Play and Learn Engineering app was created as part of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) and PBS Ready To Learn Initiative with funding from the U.S. Department of Education. The contents of the app were developed under a cooperative agreement (PR/Award No. U295A150003, CFDA No. 84.295A) from the U.S. Department of Education. However, these contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
- July 14, 2020 Initial release
- November 11, 2020 New version 1.0.1