Minor design updates
With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, kids can create their own interactive stories and games through programming games and lessons.
Learn to code through games and activities featuring characters from Odd Squad, Wild Kratts, Nature Cat, Arthur, WordGirl, Peg + Cat, and Ready Jet Go! The storytelling possibilities are endless with this creative coding app for children ages 5-8.
Children can make characters move, jump, dance and sing by snapping together colorful programming blocks. This teaches programming and coding concepts in a way that’s fun and easy to learn.
As kids play, they’ll learn to solve problems, design projects and express themselves creatively on an iPad.
With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, children don’t just learn to code, they code to learn.
- Colorful Programming Blocks teach basic coding concepts
- Learn to code by snapping together the color-coded motion, sound, look, trigger and control blocks
- Use programming concepts to create sequences of actions that cause characters to animate and interact in fun and exciting ways
PBS KIDS Characters and Backgrounds
- 150+ PBS KIDS characters to mix and match
- Children can create projects based on their favorite shows, including:
- Wild Kratts
- Nature Cat
- Peg +Cat
- And more!
- Create characters and backgrounds
- Painting made simple on illustration grids
- Paint characters from PBS KIDS shows
- Use the recording tool to add sounds and your voice to projects
- Voice characters from PBS KIDS shows
- Looking for inspiration? Eight Story Starters in the app are a great place to start
- Each Story Starter features a different set of characters from PBS KIDS shows
- Story Starters are designed to encourage children to edit and complete the story however they’d like
Learn to code while having fun with PBS KIDS characters. Start programming, drawing and creating interactive stories – download ScracthJr today!
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps
For more on ScratchJr, visit http://www.scratchjr.org
Our support email is [email protected] Please reach out with feedback and suggestions!
PBS KIDS ScratchJr is a collaboration between PBS, Tufts University, the MIT Media Lab, and the Playful Invention Company. The PBS KIDS logo & PBS KIDS® PBS. Used with permission. ScratchJr logo is used with permission. PBS is not affiliated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or Tufts University.
- December 05, 2015 Initial release
- December 12, 2015 New version 1.1.1
- November 07, 2016 New version 1.2.1
- June 08, 2017 New version 1.2.2
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.2.6