Removed links to outside websites
Removal of features that shared to social media accounts
***UPDATED VERSION** features a summer background and new stickers for lots of summer fun! Go to the beach! Make patterns with seashells! Play in the sand with Dee and Del! Fly a kite or sail a boat!*
*Parents' Choice Silver Award Winning App!*
PBS’ first app designed specifically for parents, PBS Parents Play & Learn provides more than a dozen games parents can play with their kids, each themed around a familiar location – including the garden, the grocery store, a restaurant, the kitchen, and many more.
The bilingual (English/Spanish) PBS Parents Play & Learn app makes it easy for parents to seize upon those daily “teachable moments” through theme-based interactive games and simple hands-on activities that connect math and literacy skills to everyday experiences.
The app is designed to build on a child’s natural curiosity about his or her everyday world and to encourage dialogue between kids and parents. Each game comes with a parent note that provides information about the math and literacy skills woven into the game and suggestions for effective ways to interact with a child while playing the game to maximize the learning experience.
-13 interactive games that automatically adjust to a child’s level
- A variety of proven methods used to build early math and literacy skills
- Completely bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Over 100 everyday and seasonal stickers in free-play area
- Parent ‘teachable moments’ tips associated with each game
- Easy hands-on activities and game-related resources updated regularly
- New activities and resources added weekly
- Social sharing feature
For more parent resources, tips and information visit pbs.org/parents.
For more apps from PBS KIDS, visit http://pbskids.org/apps.
About PBS KIDS
PBS Parents Play and Learn is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
Ready To Learn
The contents of this app were developed under a cooperative agreement #PRU295A100025, from the U.S. Department of Education. However, these contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- June 21, 2015 New version 2.0
- November 07, 2015 New version 3.0
- December 19, 2015 New version 3.5
- February 20, 2016 New version 3.5.1
- March 26, 2016 New version 3.6
- August 02, 2016 New version 3.7
- August 05, 2021 New version 3.8