Minor updates to improve the Super Why! Phonics Fair experience!
Parents' Choice Award Winner! No in-app purchases - all 60 word families are immediately available to help your child learn to read and spell.
In this classic carnival-themed app from the hit PBS KIDS preschool series SUPER WHY, kids ages 4-6 will learn reading, word-building, and phonics skills as they play along with the Super Readers.
Learning and practicing word families is a key literacy skill, as it helps children to build onto their letter sound skills to reading full words more efficiently. Children learn to identify these key rhyming word families to make them more fluent readers.
For even more Super Why reading adventures and different literacy skill-building experiences, be sure to check out Super Why Power to Read and Super Why ABC Adventures, both available in the Super Why Let’s Read bundle pack.
- 5 interactive Super Reader literacy games each with a different focus on phonics and designed to get kids to practice and strengthen their reading skills
- 60 key word families needed to learn to read are featured in each game (such as the –ALL word family, with words like “ball,” “tall,” “wall”)
- Reward system providing 200+ stickers that kids can earn and decorate with in the Phonics Fair Prize Booth
- Parent tools, including device notifications and a progress tracker that enables parents to see how their children are performing on each of the games and which word families may need more practice
WOOFSTER’S WOOF-DE-WORD COASTER
Introduce your child to the words in the word families by tapping and dragging Woofster’s roller coaster cars along the track to collect letters and form words in each word family.
PRINCESS PRESTO’S SPECTACULAR SPELLING WHEEL
Take a ride with Princess Presto and match letters to their sounds to form words in a word family. Tap and spin the wheel to make the words come to life!
WONDER RED’S WONDER WORDS BALL TOSS
Come one, come all to Wonder Red’s ball toss game! Practice reading words in a word family and matching them to their pictures.
ALPHA PIG’S WHACK-A-WORD
Tap all the words that belong in each word family. The more words you correctly press in a row, the faster the Whack-a-Word pegs will go!
SUPER WHY’S BUMPER WORDS
Fasten your seatbelts – it’s word bumping time with Super Why! Tap and drag bumper cars together with the correct letter and word family on them to form a word.
SUPER WHY Phonics Fair is based on the PBS KIDS series SUPER WHY, produced by Out of the Blue Enterprises. The breakthrough preschool series is designed to help kids ages 3 to 6 with the critical skills that they need to learn (and love) to read! Out of the Blue Digital is a division of Out of the Blue Enterprises, a leader in children's educational entertainment.
For more learning adventures with SUPER WHY, visit pbskids.org/superwhy
For more apps from PBS KIDS, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps
About PBS KIDS
SUPER WHY Phonics Fair is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
- June 18, 2014 Initial release
- October 04, 2014 New version 1.2
- August 20, 2016 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- November 09, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- January 03, 2017 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- January 05, 2017 New version 2.0
- June 15, 2019 New version 2.4