Bug Fixes and Feature Enhancements
Find My Friends allows you to easily locate friends and family using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Just install the app and share your location with your friends by choosing from your contacts, entering their email addresses or phone numbers, or using AirDrop.
When you share your location, your friends can start following your location immediately and easily share their locations back to you so that you’re both in the loop. If at any time you don’t want to be followed, you can hide your location with a single switch.
Find My Friends lets you set up location-based alerts that can notify you automatically when a friend arrives at the airport, a child leaves school, or a family member arrives home safely. You can also set up alerts to notify friends about changes in your location.
When you use Find My Friends, your location can be shared from any of your iOS devices, allowing you to choose the device you have with you most often. If you have a cellular capable Apple Watch, Find My Friends will even switch your location to your Apple Watch whenever you are away from your iPhone.
For best location accuracy and notification performance, make sure Wi-Fi is enabled on your device.
• Easily locate friends and family
• Location-based notifications
• Simple privacy controls
• Parental restrictions
• Free for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
• Share your location temporarily or permanently
• Quickly share your location with nearby friends using AirDrop
• Use phone number or email address to share your location and invite friends to share back
• Support for 3D Touch
How Your Data is used
When you have Location Services enabled, you can share your device’s current location with anyone you choose using Find My Friends and Share My Location. When using these features, your location is only sent to Apple if it is actively requested by a friend you are sharing with, and retained for 2 hours, after which it is deleted.
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Australian English, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Find My Friends Version 7.0 requires iOS 11 or later and iCloud. You can create a free Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
- March 08, 2012 New version 1.1
- September 19, 2012 New version 2.0
- October 29, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- March 28, 2013 New version 2.1
- August 22, 2013 New version 2.1.1
- November 19, 2013 New version 3.0
- September 19, 2014 New version 4.0
- October 18, 2014 New version 4.0.1
- July 11, 2016 New version 4.1
- August 12, 2016 New version 6.0
- June 14, 2019 New version 7.0.1