This update includes bug fixes and improvements, including:
• Updated recommendations and new questions for symptom severity and COVID-19 test results
The COVID-19 app has up-to-date information from trusted sources about the coronavirus disease that is impacting people across the world. It has a screening tool so you can find out what you should do now for yourself or for a loved one. And it gives you access to resources you may need to stay informed.
The COVID-19 app is developed in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the White House, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
• Use the simple screening tool to determine what you should do if you are concerned about COVID-19. Answer a few questions about symptoms and contact you’ve had with those who might have the disease. And then get a specific, recommended action based on the CDC’s current guidelines, such as practice physical distancing or talk to a doctor.
• Save previous screening results for you or for a loved one to refer to at a later date or in conversations with a healthcare provider.
• Learn best practices for washing your hands, practicing social distancing, quarantining, monitoring your symptoms, and disinfecting surfaces.
• Know that data you provide in the COVID-19 app will not be shared with Apple, the CDC, or anyone without your permission. Data entered will be stored and encrypted on device with a passcode.
This app was developed in partnership with CDC. It is not meant as an endorsement of any Apple products. To enable Exposure Notifications, go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- March 28, 2020 Initial release
- March 28, 2020 New version 1.0.2
- April 02, 2020 New version 1.1
- June 19, 2020 New version 4.0.1
- October 22, 2020 New version 4.2
- October 27, 2020 New version 5.0