• Support for macOS Big Sur
• Support for restoring macOS on Mac computers with Apple silicon
• Automatically install MobileDevice updates required to restore iOS
• Web Clip: configure Ignore Manifest Scope and Target Application Bundle Identifier
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Apple Configurator 2 makes it easy to deploy iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Apple TV devices in your school or business.
Use Apple Configurator 2 to quickly configure large numbers of devices connected to your Mac via USB with the settings, apps, and data you specify for your students, employees, or customers.
Rebuilt from the ground up, Apple Configurator 2 features a flexible, device-centric design that enables you to configure one or dozens of devices quickly and easily. Simply select a single device or many at once and perform an action. With Apple Configurator 2, you're able to update software, install apps and configuration profiles, rename and change wallpaper on devices, export device information and documents, and much more. You can also inspect any device to see details like serial number and hardware addresses, which apps and profiles are installed, and its console log.
Apple Configurator 2 integrates with device enrollment and purchasing in Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager to seamlessly distribute apps from the App Store. The all-new Prepare assistant makes it easy to supervise and configure a cart of iPads for the classroom or quickly enroll a large number of devices in your MDM server for ongoing management. The built-in configuration profile editor supports creating and editing profiles with the latest iOS settings.
If you’re configuring devices in an environment where consistency is critical, Blueprints allow you to create a custom configuration for your devices that can be applied with one click. A Blueprint is a template device to which you add configuration profiles and apps and perform actions, just like you would to a connected physical device.
Fully automate Apple Configurator 2 and integrate its capabilities into your existing device management workflows using the included command-line tool, AppleScript scripting library, or Automator Actions.
Support for iCloud Drive enables you to keep your configuration profiles and other settings consistent across multiple Configurator stations.
- October 04, 2015 Initial release
- October 28, 2015 New version 2.1
- March 21, 2016 New version 2.2
- June 20, 2016 New version 2.2.1
- November 05, 2016 New version 2.3
- June 14, 2019 New version 2.9
- September 23, 2019 New version 2.10
- October 09, 2019 New version 2.11
- October 21, 2019 New version 2.11.1
- July 14, 2020 New version 2.12.1
- October 22, 2020 New version 2.13.1
- November 20, 2020 New version 2.13.2
- December 09, 2020 New version 2.13.3