Reading Goals: Reading Goals helps you make reading a daily habit. Read a book or listen to an audiobook while in line for coffee, during your commute, or before bed to meet your daily reading goal. Build streaks, see your stats soar, and let your friends and family know about the books you've finished.
Audiobooks on Apple Watch: Easily listen to your favorite books on your next hike, run, or workout, right from your wrist.
Apple Books lets you lose yourself in the best books and audiobooks right on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch. You’ll find bestsellers, classics, up-and-coming authors, and more — all ready to instantly download and enjoy.
• Selection: Explore millions of books and audiobooks from every category including fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, kids’ books, comics, and more.
• Book Store: Check out Top Charts, and find new releases, limited-time offers, and recommendations for you, updated every week.
• Audiobooks: Discover great audiobooks read by actors, authors, and other memorable voices.
• Free samples: Preview books and audiobooks while you browse, and download free samples — sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Want to Read: Keep track of books and audiobooks you’d like to read next by adding them to your Want to Read collection.
• Audiobooks app for Apple Watch: Listen to your favorite audiobooks on your next hike, run, or exercise session, right from your wrist.
• Customize your reading experience: Choose between a selection of fonts and easy-to-read page colors. Use Auto-Night Theme and adjust your screen brightness to make reading more comfortable on your eyes. Enabling Scrolling View to move continuously through books instead of flipping pages.
• Access any of the books you purchase from Apple Books on all of your devices.
• Share your book and audiobook purchases with up to six family members using Family Sharing.
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal collections that will appear on all of your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page on all of your devices.
Requirements & Store Availability
• The Book Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from Books or iCloud requires an Apple ID and Internet access.
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the Book Store to the Books app requires they be DRM-free.
Some PDF documents may not be compatible with Books.
- June 07, 2011 New version 1.3
- April 22, 2011 New version 1.2.2
- February 09, 2011 New version 1.2.1
- December 15, 2010 New version 1.2
- July 23, 2010 New version 1.1.2
- July 19, 2010 New version 1.1.1
- June 21, 2010 New version 1.1
- May 26, 2010 New version 1.0.1
- October 01, 2011 New version 1.3.1
- October 11, 2011 New version 1.3.2
- December 07, 2011 New version 1.5
- January 19, 2012 New version 2.0
- February 03, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- March 07, 2012 New version 2.1
- April 16, 2012 New version 2.1.1
- September 19, 2012 New version 2.2
- October 24, 2012 New version 3.0
- October 29, 2012 New version 3.0.1
- November 14, 2012 New version 3.0.2
- March 05, 2013 New version 3.1
- August 20, 2013 New version 3.1.1
- September 16, 2013 New version 3.1.2
- September 18, 2013 New version 3.1.3
- November 14, 2013 New version 3.2
- June 22, 2016 New version 3.3
- July 02, 2016 New version 3.4
- November 05, 2016 New version 3.5
- June 13, 2019 New version 4.2.3
- October 28, 2019 New version 4.2.4