Apple Books lets you lose yourself in a good story right on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You’ll find classics, bestsellers, up-and-coming authors, and even audiobooks — ready to download and enjoy.
• Explore an incredible selection of books and audiobooks from every category including fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, kids’ books, cookbooks, and more.
• Browse the Book Store to find the buzziest new releases, curated collections, and exclusive content.
• Visit the Audiobooks tab to discover great audiobooks read by your favorite authors and celebrities.
• Preview books while you browse, and download free samples — sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Check out our Top Charts to see what’s popular with other readers.
• Return to the books you’re currently reading and get great recommendations in the Reading Now tab.
• Add books and audiobooks you’d like to read next to the new Want to Read collection.
• Use Auto-Night mode to browse the Book Store or read in bed without waking anyone up.
• Organize your library the way you want with flexible collections — even see a timeline of books you’ve finished or books that are downloaded on your device.
Great ways to read
• Choose from a selection of attractive fonts and four easy-to-read page colors.
• Add bookmarks and notes, and highlight your favorite passages.
• Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with built-in search.
• Turn on Auto-Night Theme to make reading more comfortable on your eyes.
• Adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment.
• Move continuously through books instead of flipping pages by enabling Scroll view.
• Hear the words on a page spoken when using Books with the accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in Books using AirPrint.
• Access any of the books you purchase from Apple Books on all of your devices.
• Share your book and audiobook purchases with family members using Family Sharing.
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal collections that’ll appear on all your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page on all of your devices.
• The Book Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from Books or iCloud requires an Apple ID and Internet access.
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the Book Store to the Books app requires they be DRM-free.
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with Books.
- June 07, 2011 New version 1.3
- April 22, 2011 New version 1.2.2
- February 09, 2011 New version 1.2.1
- December 15, 2010 New version 1.2
- July 23, 2010 New version 1.1.2
- July 19, 2010 New version 1.1.1
- June 21, 2010 New version 1.1
- May 26, 2010 New version 1.0.1
- October 01, 2011 New version 1.3.1
- October 11, 2011 New version 1.3.2
- December 07, 2011 New version 1.5
- January 19, 2012 New version 2.0
- February 03, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- March 07, 2012 New version 2.1
- April 16, 2012 New version 2.1.1
- September 19, 2012 New version 2.2
- October 24, 2012 New version 3.0
- October 29, 2012 New version 3.0.1
- November 14, 2012 New version 3.0.2
- March 05, 2013 New version 3.1
- August 20, 2013 New version 3.1.1
- September 16, 2013 New version 3.1.2
- September 18, 2013 New version 3.1.3
- November 14, 2013 New version 3.2
- June 22, 2016 New version 3.3
- July 02, 2016 New version 3.4
- November 05, 2016 New version 3.5
- June 13, 2019 New version 4.2.3