This update includes bug fixes and improvements.
The future of health research is you! Now you can contribute to groundbreaking health research in women’s health, hearing health or heart health simply by using your Apple Watch and iPhone, and the Research app. Your data and participation will help advance researchers' understanding of these areas in health that have not been well understood until now and could lead to the development of new products that will help millions lead longer and healthier lives.
1. Join the Apple Women’s Health Study, conducted in partnership with the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and National Institue of Health Sciences to help advance the understanding of menstrual cycles and health conditions such as infertility, osteoporosis, and menopause.
2. Join the Apple Heart and Movement Study, conducted in partnership with the American Heart Association and Bringham and Women's Hospital to help advance discovery in heart science and to help us learn how activity and your habits can contribute to a healthier heart.
3. Join the Apple Hearing Study, conducted in partnership with the University of Michigan to help advance the understanding of how sound exposure levels over time can impact your hearing, stress levels, and cardiac health.
Review available studies, learn about the research partners and the research goals, understand study expectations, and if you are eligible, enroll by providing your consent.
Choose which data to share and with what study, and review and manage data collected.
Perform relevant tasks for enrolled studies.
Learn how other Apple research studies have contributed to advancements in health science and to the development of innovative health products.
- November 26, 2019 Initial release
- December 24, 2019 New version 1.1
- January 14, 2020 New version 1.1.1
- July 15, 2020 New version 1.4
- November 12, 2020 New version 2.0