Find compass directions, see your latitude, longitude, and elevation, or match a slope, all with Compass from Apple.
• See the latitude and longitude of your current location.
• Check your elevation above sea level on iPhone 6 (or later) models.
• Tap the screen to lock in the current heading, then watch for a red band to see if you’re on course.
• Swipe left on the Compass screen to match the level of a slope with your iPhone. When your device is perfectly vertical or horizontal, the screen turns green. Just tap the screen when it’s against the surface you want to match. If your device is horizontal, the screen turns red to indicate the relative slope, and turns green when you match the slope. If your device is vertical, the slope is shown in black and the deviation from the slope is marked in red. Tap the screen again to return to standard level.
- June 21, 2016 Initial release
- July 02, 2016 New version 1.1
- November 05, 2016 New version 1.2