The sweet, aromatic fragrance of a fresh spring field engulf your senses. It’s so fresh and lively the saplings sprouting through the ground inspire you to create anew just like the earth. Why not bring this experience on to a fresh set of canvas following a simple and fun My Craft Academy watercolor tutorial? Make your very own energetic field of blooming flowers and flowing grasses and share springs sensation amongst all your friends.
Learn such techniques as:
- Masking a canvas
- Using reference photos as an aid, while maintaining your own creative vision
- Creating a “target wash” for back-tone colors
- Blending and merging colors
- Defining important aesthetic elements
- Using varying brushstroke methods/patterns to create different natural effects
- Spraying water to help paint flow and achieve a more natural look
- Layering colors, providing highlights and shadowing
- Texturing the painting
- Stepping away to fully absorb what works/needs fixing to finalize your inspired creation
It’s never been simpler to use your imagination to share all your inspiration from a fresh spring scene. Spruce up your living space with youthful spring imagery and amaze all your friends with a breathtaking representation of nature in all of its beauty!
- April 27, 2015 Initial release