Updated for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Cosy, bright-coloured socks are fun to wear and fun to knit. They're also easy to make if you follow along in this special video course on knitting simple socks.
In seven step-by-step video classes from My Craft Academy, expert Fiona Morris will guide you all the way. We've even included a free pattern you can download.
This course is perfect for the raw beginner, or anyone who has a basic knowledge but wants to learn the right way of knitting. And you can learn at your own pace.
You'll start with the basics, including:
* Close-up guide to knit stitch
* Using double-pointed & circular needles
* How to knit in the round
Then you'll learn:
* Knitting stripes in garter stitch
* How to change yarns while knitting
* How to cast on
* Begin knitting in the round
Once you've learnt the technique, Fiona will take you through the steps to knit your own socks:
* How to knit the heel flap
* Shaping your sock
* Knitting the gusset with an ssk pattern
* Decreasing to create the toe end
* Sewing together our ends
If you've always wanted to get knitting, but been a bit daunted by the thought then this course is the perfect place to start.
Plus, you'll end up with a sumptuous pair of cosy socks to wear or give to friends and family. They'll be so much better than anything you can buy in a store, and best of all you'll have created them yourself.
- February 08, 2014 Initial release
- February 25, 2015 New version 2