Updated for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Encaustic painting might be an ancient art form, but it's as versatile and creative as any modern material.
Now you can learn to create art using melted beeswax just like the Greeks and the Romans with this video course taken by instructor Margaret Berry.
Encaustics enjoyed a revival a few years ago and now you can take up this on-trend craft with these classes from My Craft Academy.
Margaret shares her love of the subject with you, before going on to show you techniques step-by-step. She will cover:
• History of encaustic art
• Tools and materials you'll need
• Introduction to techniques for all beginners
Margaret introduces you to different encaustic art pieces for inspiration and goes on to show more advanced techniques so you can create your own works of art.
• Using a variety of waxes for different effects
• Make your own encaustic paint
• The limitless possibilities of encaustic art
After you have mastered the basics, and you'll be able to learn these at your own pace, Margaret will take you onto more advanced techniques:
• Dry brush and drip techniques
• Building up layers for amazing effects
• Make a stunning encaustic collage
Margaret, who teaches workshops both in her home and all over the country, says her rural background helped her get started enjoying working with wax. She teaches in resorts, schools, prisons, even does workshops for the blind!
She's taught an incredible amount of people of all ages, making her an experienced tutor. Follow her course and you'll be creating wonderful art forms that will be admired by friends and family in not time at all.
- March 05, 2014 Initial release
- March 02, 2015 New version 2