Creating realistic trees for your model layout is easy with this video workshop.
Expert Nick Duxfield takes you step-by-step through the process of making 'trees that look like trees' in five video tutorials.
• Create realistic trees from scratch at little cost
• Add key features to your model railroad landscape
• Make beautiful deciduous trees like oak and elm
As Nick Duxfield says, before he takes you through the stages: "Three of four, or maybe more depending on the size of your layout, trees carefully built the way nature intended really does enhance a layout out of all proportion to the amount of work you put in."
He begins by showing you three ways of creating an armature or skeleton, using stainless steel rigging wire, garden wire and copper wire.
He gives you tips and shares techniques on creating the basic form and then goes on to demonstrate step-by-step ways of adding texture and foliage. Finally, he shows you how to dress a tree.
After this video course you'll be able to make your own stunning trees, that really will enhance your model layout. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve, and what a difference it will make to your railroad.
• The technique can also be easily applied to any model landscape, not just railroads and railways.
- February 14, 2015 Initial release