It’s cold outside. The roar of winter has swept the land and blanketed a shimmering, white powder as far as the eye can see. Its beauty is mesmerizing and captures your mind and spirit. You want the full experience but don’t want to catch a cold in the process. Why not bring the experience into your nice warm house, by painting your very own watercolor landscape? With a simple user-friendly tutorial you can escape into you own winter wonderland and learn to create your own expression to share with others.
Learn such techniques as:
- Masking a canvas
- Using reference photos as an aid, while maintaining your own creative vision
- Blending and merging colors
- Defining important aesthetic elements
- Spraying water to help paint flow and achieve a more natural look
- Layering colors, providing highlights and shadowing
- Texturing the painting
- Stepping away to fully absorb what works/needs fixing to finalize your inspired creation
You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to capture your perfect, picturesque vision of wintertime, all while being warm and without a runny nose. Use this simple guide to create and explore your imagination and detour the boredom of cabin fever!
- April 27, 2015 Initial release