The sun glows down reflecting amid the ripples and swell of the billowing, bending river. You walk along the banks carefully observing the unique attributes an ever-changing lifeblood of elemental nature performs and provides for all that surrounds. You experience calm, and yet are captivated by the infinite possibilities contained within the water’s dance and movement as it flows by. You are reminded that like the stream, you contain infinite possibilities. You’ve always wanted to share that moment when life itself was boundless. With a simple guided tutorial lead by painter Jeff Bolin, symbolize that moment with a beautiful depiction you paint all by yourself.
Learn useful approaches such as:
- Picking an ideal setting outdoors
- Using light sketches to prepare a general layout
- Planning steps for a good order on which elements/regions to paint and when
- Making particular brushstrokes to vary your textures
- Mixing and merging colors from your palette
- Defining important aspects to add more life to your scene
- Softening and drawing out light
- Trusting in your artistic judgement versus photo-realism
- Spacing and contrasting to achieve illusions of depth
- Intensifying the look through varied colorization
- Stepping back and allowing your eyes to direct you on what to do next
The peaceful ease mixed with endless possibilities will have you scouting for that perfect setting you want to capture… at this very instant and for future embarkments. It's just around that river bend!
- April 27, 2015 Initial release