Play with shadows, control the weather, roll and slide objects down a ramp, choose the best materials for an umbrella – all while building science inquiry skills and learning core science concepts. The games in the app encourage kids to see the science in their world. They are intentionally designed to serve as catalysts for real-world exploration by modeling real-world locations and experiences. The related hands-on activities and parent notes prompt families to “try it” at home and provide tips for engaging in conversations.
• 12 engaging games covering core topics in Earth Science, Physical Science, and Life Science
• Drawing tool and stickers from all the games
• Parent section with tips for parent-child engagement and activities for extending the learning into the real world
• Completely bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Developed in collaboration with early childhood experts
ABOUT PBS KIDS
The Play and Learn Science app is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps.
ABOUT READY TO LEARN
The Play and Learn Science app was created as part of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) and PBS Ready To Learn Initiative with funding from the U.S. Department of Education. The contents of the app were developed under a cooperative agreement #U295A150003, from the U.S. Department of Education. However, these contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
- January 08, 2018 Initial release