IOS bug fixes
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary is an indispensable reference for anyone interested in modern medicine.
New treatments, new tests, and new insights into health and disease have resulted in an unprecedented explosion in medical terminology. The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary provides students, health care professionals, and general consumers interested in medical vocabulary with a comprehensive reference that reflects the most recent developments in medicine and health care delivery.
More than 45,000 clear, concise definitions are included, covering diseases and conditions like avian influenza and gender dysphoria; treatments such as cosmeceuticals and fusion inhibitors; and microorganisms like the norovirus. Hundreds of entries for commonly prescribed and over-the-counter medications are also featured. Informative illustrations and tables complement the text.
Sophisticated enough for the medical professional but accessible to the general user, this book demystifies the complex vocabulary of health care. Biographical entries describe the contributions of leading scientists and physicians from ancient times to the present.
• entire text of this best-selling book
• complete offline use — no Internet connection needed
• links out to other installed American Heritage® dictionaries
• real-time progressive searching
• three-way cross-referencing indexes
• wildcard pattern searches
• internal hyperlinking
• zoomable graphics
• automatic search history
• two-way external application interaction
• OS-independent app localization
• iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible “universal app”
• Retina Display support
• bookmarks with editable notations
• make-your-own flashcards
• Facebook APIs supported
• Twitter & Evernote posting
• full layout for definition e-mails and Evernote posts
- October 08, 2013 Initial release
- January 19, 2014 New version 1.0.2
- February 11, 2015 New version 6.2