- iRead now supports Into Reading customers launching iRead directly from Ed
- Corrects an issue where students received an infinite loading screen in the Listening Center
*Available only to iREAD customers. Users must configure their iPads before they can log into their account. This app also requires an active internet connection.
Now enrolled students can access iRead from their iPad and is a free download!
iRead is a foundational reading program designed to close the achievement gap before it begins and place ALL K–2 students on a predictable path to college and career. The adaptive curriculum was developed based on the latest research on cognitive science about how young children learn to read.
iRead takes students inside Beastie Hall, a virtual school led by a dynamic faculty specializing in foundational reading instruction. With the help of imaginative and engaging activities, iRead delivers the best in foundational reading instruction.
A Personalized Learning Progression for Each Student
The adaptive technology assesses performance in foundational reading and differentiates instruction based on each child's individual needs. The Student Software provides targeted, explicit instruction and systematic practice in phonological awareness, alphabet knowledge, phonics, decoding, word recognition, syntax, fluency, and morphology.
Embedded Assessment Ensures Children Are Taught to Mastery
The instructional design of the student Software is powered by the proven FASTT (Fluency and Automaticity through Systematic Teaching with Technology) algorithm, enabling children to master foundational reading by systematically moving information from short- to long-term memory. The FASTT algorithm leverages the power of adaptive technology to continuously monitor performance and customize the pacing, instructional load, and content for each child, ensuring instructional time is 100% optimized.
This app is available only to iRead customers and requires an active internet connection.
™®&© Houghton Mifflin Harcourt publishing. All rights reserved.
- August 01, 2015 Initial release
- September 14, 2015 New version 1.0.2
- October 13, 2015 New version 1.0.3
- November 23, 2015 New version 1.0.11
- July 12, 2016 New version 1.0.13
- January 03, 2017 New version 1.0.19
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.0.25
- August 17, 2019 New version 1.1.0
- October 03, 2019 New version 1.3.0