Updates for IOS8
All great communicators know that the right word can make the difference between rousing and losing an audience, between sounding distinguished and sounding dull.
This title showcases one hundred words that some of our most important and beloved communicators have used to great effect in their efforts to make the world a better place. Informative entries and insightful quotations from people of many areas of human endeavor, past and present, work to make this volume a fascinating way to improve and reinforce a varied and versatile vocabulary.
• entire text of this best-selling book
• complete offline use — no Internet connection needed
• prerecorded sound files
• real-time progressive search
• wildcard pattern searches
• iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible “universal app”
• Retina Display support
• bookmarks with editable notations
• make-your-own flashcards
• automatic search history
• links on every word to UniDICT-powered dictionaries such as installed American Heritage® dictionaries
• Facebook APIs supported
• Twitter & Evernote posting
• full layout for definition e-mails and Evernote posts
100 Words to Make You Sound Great presents one hundred words that have been used effectively by presidential greats as well as famous scientists, economists, academics, figures of conscience, and even humorists. Tried and tested by movers and shakers such as Rachel Carson, Shirley Chisholm, Barry Goldwater, Al Gore, Martin Luther King Jr., and Princess Diana, these words get a point across with verve and effect. The quotations that bring these words to life — painstakingly culled from public speeches, widely read books and periodicals, and poignant private letters — are insightful, moving, and funny.
Tear through this content, and before you know it, you’ll feel an affinity for cosmopolitan communication, even if you were a mere tyro when you started out. You’ll incorporate these words into everyday conversation without sounding pedantic or pompous, and you’ll always have the right riposte if someone accuses you of being pusillanimous, amoral, or — heaven forbid — nefarious.
- January 30, 2014 Initial release
- March 20, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- March 23, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- March 25, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- April 04, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- February 23, 2015 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- March 26, 2015 New version 6.2