iBooks lets you lose yourself in a good story from the comfort of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You’ll find classics, bestsellers, up-and-coming authors, and even audiobooks—ready to download and enjoy.
• Explore a vast collection of books from all categories, and for all ages and reading levels.
• Browse our Featured books to find the best and buzziest new releases, perennial bestsellers, and curated collections.
• Preview Books while you browse, and download free samples—sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Find beautifully illustrated and interactive books, including kids’ picture books, art and photography books, cookbooks, and more.
• Check out our Top Charts to see what’s popular with other readers.
• Select the perfect audiobook and have your story read to you, or take it on the road and listen through CarPlay.
Great ways to read
• Choose from eight attractive fonts and four easy-to-read page colors.
• Add bookmarks and notes, and highlight your favorite passages.
• Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with built-in search.
• Turn on Auto-Night Theme to make reading more comfortable on your eyes.
• Adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment.
• Move continuously through books instead of flipping pages by enabling Scroll view.
• Hear the words on a page spoken when using iBooks with the accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written on iBooks using AirPrint.
• Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite books with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, orMail.
• Access any of the books you purchase from iBooks on all your devices.
• Share your book and audiobook purchases with family members using Family Sharing.
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that’ll appear on all your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page on all of your devices.
Supports open standards
• Open content is published in the ePub and PDF formats.
• Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
• The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from iBooks or iCloud requires an Apple ID and Internet access.
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free.
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks.
- June 07, 2011 New version 1.3
- April 22, 2011 New version 1.2.2
- February 09, 2011 New version 1.2.1
- December 15, 2010 New version 1.2
- July 23, 2010 New version 1.1.2
- July 19, 2010 New version 1.1.1
- June 21, 2010 New version 1.1
- May 26, 2010 New version 1.0.1
- October 01, 2011 New version 1.3.1
- October 11, 2011 New version 1.3.2
- December 07, 2011 New version 1.5
- January 19, 2012 New version 2.0
- February 03, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- March 07, 2012 New version 2.1
- April 16, 2012 New version 2.1.1
- September 19, 2012 New version 2.2
- October 24, 2012 New version 3.0
- October 29, 2012 New version 3.0.1
- November 14, 2012 New version 3.0.2
- March 05, 2013 New version 3.1
- August 20, 2013 New version 3.1.1
- September 16, 2013 New version 3.1.2
- September 18, 2013 New version 3.1.3
- November 14, 2013 New version 3.2
- June 22, 2016 New version 3.3
- July 02, 2016 New version 3.4
- November 05, 2016 New version 3.5