Make the most of your visit to Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs exhibition at Tate Modern with this multimedia guide app.
Henri Matisse is a giant of modern art. This guide accompanies the landmark show at Tate Modern exploring the final chapter in his career in which he began ‘carving into colour’ and his series of spectacular cut-outs was born.
The app features:
- detailed commentary on key works from the exhibition
- archival images of Matisse in his studio
- interviews with the exhibition curators and Matisse biographer Hilary Spurling
- conservation insights
- a narrated biography of Matisse’s life
Perfect as a guide to use in the exhibition and afterwards at home, as a memento. Or if you can’t make it to the show, use it as your own personal exhibition of Matisse’s work, to explore again and again.
Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs is at Tate Modern from 17 April until 7 September 2014.
- April 15, 2014 Initial release