* Weather functionality improved
* Minor visual tweaks
* PLUS, all the below in Version 2.0
- Twitter sharing
- Improved Facebook sharing
- Extra artworks from the likes of Turner, Constable, Anish Kapoor, David Bomberg and more
- Over 300 new tags added
- Refreshed look & feel for iOS 7
- Weather API fixed
- Improved location algorithm
- Minor bug fixes
Magic Tate Ball reveals the hidden connections between art and your everyday life!
* NEW ARTWORKS ADDED *
Shake your phone day or night, anywhere in the world, and the app’s clever search algorithm will present you with the most relevant artwork from Tate’s archive. It uses date, time of day, your GPS location, local weather conditions and ambient noise levels to match an artwork to that unique moment in time.
With artworks from Damien Hirst, Tracey Emin, Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, Claude Monet, JM Turner and many more, Magic Tate Ball is a fun way to find art, giving you the Tate on tap!
Each artwork comes with a funny or facty Twitter-sized write-up. If it's a sunny day you might share in Constable's appreciation of the great British landscape. The rain might coax 'The Snail' by Matisse out of his shell. At lunch time you might find out why fat, and felt, are so important in Beuys's work, or a noisy after work drink might lead to Georg Baselitz explaining why he made a piece with a chainsaw.
Take your Magic Tate Ball to Tate Modern to unlock a super-secret bonus mode.
Magic Tate Ball is yours to shake, what artwork will this moment make?
Concept and content from Tate and Thought Den. Designed and built by Thought Den, with Mobile Pie. Sponsored by Bloomberg.
- May 11, 2012 Initial release
- May 30, 2012 New version 1.2
- June 26, 2014 New version 2.1
- August 07, 2014 New version 2.2