- amended Henri Matisse The Dance II image in stop 1
Make the most of your visit to Kazimir Malevich: Revolutionary of Russian Art at Tate Modern with this audio guide app.
Kazimir Malevich, an artist as influential as he was radical, cast a long shadow over the history of modern art. This, his first retrospective in thirty years and the first ever in the UK, unites works from collections in Russia, the US and Europe to tell a fascinating story of revolutionary ideals and the power of art itself.
The app features:
- Detailed narration and curatorial commentary on 16 key works from the exhibition, accompanied by full-screen colour reproductions and archival images
- Interviews with 3 contemporary artists; David Batchelor, Atul Dodiya and Borut Vogelnik, whose practices have all been influenced by Malevich
- Conservation insights from Dr Maria Kokkori, research fellow at the Art Institute of Chicago
- A timeline of key events from Malevich’s life
Perfect as a guide to use in the exhibition and afterwards at home, as a memento. Or if you can’t make it to the show, use it as your own personal exhibition of Malevich’s work, to explore again and again.
Kazimir Malevich: Revolutionary of Russian Art is at Tate Modern from 16 July until 26 October 2014.
- August 05, 2014 Initial release
- August 28, 2014 New version 1.2.1