Alexander Calder: Performing Sculpture explores the work of an artist widely celebrated as one of the most innovative and influential American artists of the 20th century. This multimedia guide app, only available for the duration of the exhibition, reveals how the originator of the ‘mobile’ made modern art move.
The app features:
- Detailed information on key artworks featured in the exhibition
- Audio commentary from exhibition curators
- Quotes from Calder himself
- Film of artworks in movement
- Images of key artworks and contextual sources
Download this app and use it as a multimedia guide in the Tate Modern exhibition galleries and then keep it afterwards as a memento. Or if you can’t make it to the show, use it as your own personal exhibition of the art of Alexander Calder, to explore again and again.
Alexander Calder: Performing Sculpture is at Tate Modern from 11 November – 3 April 2016.
The app was produced by Antenna International and Tate.
- December 02, 2015 Initial release